The following sections describe various things that are useful to know when working with Bio-Formats. It is recommended that you obtain the Bio-Formats source by following the directions in the Source code section. Referring to the Javadocs as you read over these pages should help, as the notes will make more sense when you see the API.
For a complete list of supported formats, see the Bio-Formats supported formats table.
Introduction to Bio-Formats¶
Using Bio-Formats as a Java library¶
- Using Bio-Formats as a Java library
- Units of measurement
- Exporting files using Bio-Formats
- Further details on exporting raw pixel data to OME-TIFF files
- Tiled reading and writing in Bio-Formats
- Working with whole slide images
- Pyramids in OME-TIFF
- Internal OMERO pyramid format
- In-memory reading and writing in Bio-Formats
- Converting files from FV1000 OIB/OIF to OME-TIFF
- Using Bio-Formats in MATLAB
- Using Bio-Formats in Python
- Interfacing with Bio-Formats from non-Java code
Using Bio-Formats as a native C++ library¶
See the OME-Files C++ downloads page for more information.
Contributing to Bio-Formats¶
For more general guidance about how to contribute to OME projects, see the Contributing developers documentation.